The BBC micro:bit Quickstart Guide for Teachers is designed to support educators in the effective use of the BBC micro:bit devices distributed to all Year 7 students in the UK as a part of the BBC’s Make It Digital initiative.
Supported by Microsoft and published by Hodder Education, the guide includes:
- An intro to the Make it Digital initiative
- An outline of what the BBC micro:bit is and what it is designed to do
- Advice on how teachers and students can get the most out of the device, including how hardware and supporting services work
- Guidance on how to get started with creating programs for the BBC micro:device using the Microsoft Touch Develop Editor, and how to compile them and upload them to your device
- Coding lessons of varying difficulty
- Curriculum references to the English computing programme of study