Do you struggle to keep up with the technology in your children’s lives? Do you feel as if there’s a new game, app or social media platform to worry about almost every day? Do you want to know more about what young people do online? Living in the information age can often lead to a feeling of information overload. While there’s no shortage of parenting advice, how do you know if it’s reliable?
The Parents’ Survival Guide to Children, Technology and the Internet consolidates information, research and advice from over 300 leading international resources, including some of the world’s best technologists, child psychologists and online safety experts.
In this ground-breaking book you will learn everything you need to know about:
- how to deal with the internet, gaming and social media addictions
- how to recognise and confront cyberbullying, extremism and online grooming
- teaching your children about pornography and other potential danger zones
- recognising when your children are having difficulties online
- overcoming sleep deprivation caused by technology
- setting a great example for your children.
Children today are immersed in technology, and from their earliest explorations of cyberspace, they are exposed to risks. This book is an essential resource for parents who are struggling to find robust online safety solutions and effectively manage their children’s screen time.
This book is also available as ebook from the following sites: